Facebook Donate is a fantastic way to encourage more of your follows to fundraise for your charity in a number of a different ways – through fundraising pages, donating via pages or donating via posts. There are a number of criteria needed in order to set up your Facebook Page for Facebook Donate.
How do you qualify for Facebook Donate?
Make sure that the charity’s Facebook Page category is ‘Nonprofit Organization’ or ‘Charity Organization‘ and that its address is included in the ‘About’ section of its Facebook Page.
Charitable organizations based in the countries where Facebook donation and fundraising tools are available must:
- Provide a VAT number
- A charity registration number
- A charity registration document issued or approved by a government entity
- A bank account registered with a licensed financial services institution.
- Date of birth and address of the charity’s CEO or executive director.
- Bank account details including bank name, bank account holder’s name (organization’s name), a legible and official bank letter or statement dated within the last 3 months, SWIFT Code and bank IBAN number.
How to add a Donate Button to you Facebook Page?
To add a donate button to your charitable organization’s Facebook Page. Follow the steps below:
- Go to your charity’s Page (you must be a Page admin).
- Click Add a button. If you’ve already added a button, click the Edit button and select Edit Button to change the text.
- Select Shop with you or make a donation > Donate and then click Next.
- Select Donate through Facebook to allow people to donate directly through Facebook or Website Link to send people to the charity’s website to donate.
- If you select Donate through Facebook, click Finish. If you select Website Link, enter the web address and click Save.
Note: Your charitable organization must be signed up for Facebook Payments to allow people to donate directly through Facebook.
How to allow people to create fundraising pages for your charity
- Clicking Publishing Tools in the top menu of your Facebook Page.
- Click Donation Settings under Fundraisers.
- Check the box next to Allow people to create fundraisers
- Check the box next to Allow people to add donate buttons next to their posts.
- Click Save.